Dynamic, results-driven business development executive
With an instinctive ability to build, lead, and inspire high-performance global teams; create sales organizations; establish and strengthen distribution channels; grow market share and manage retail relations.
Skilled at P&L and EBITDA fiscal budget management. Meticulously organized budget administrator experienced at financial reporting, projections and metric analysis.
Strong operational background
Inventory control, sourcing, purchasing, vendor relations and contract negotiation. Detail-oriented operations manager focused on propelling gross profit generation and skilled at recommending and implementing improved courses of action where necessary
Communication and presentation skills, logical and persuasive negotiation techniques and a consistent ability to establish rapport and strengthen retail relationships.
Consistently able to create corporate initiatives and take action to achieve both short and long-term results in extremely competitive business segments. Extensive multi-brand, business development, product creation, marketing, and sales leadership experience.
Led multi brand market development of TaylorMade/adidas Golf softgoods/ accessories licensed business from $12M to $46M over a three-year span. Executed start-up of Zamst brand, achieving $3.4M annual revenue within two years of release.
Led softgoods/accessories product creation for Schutt Sports, K-Swiss and Oakley start up division accounting for over $8.2M in revenue, while commercializing 1,550 SKUs through the initial year of distribution.
Forward-thinking innovator with international brand experience encompassing campaign creation and dissemination of traditional and technology-based positioning solutions. Set vision and executed strategy for positioning Zamst brand across multi-tier sponsorships, social media and interactive merchandising platforms.
Management and oversight of division P&L and forecast accountability for $46M in revenue with TaylorMade/adidas golf licensed business.
President - LIQUIDMIND (Product, Marketing & Brand Strategy)
Business consulting firm: apparel, footwear, sporting goods and consumer products.
Provide consulting services to consumer driven brands for; go to market strategy, business development, product creation, marketing execution, PR/media, acquisitions, retail merchandising and sales execution.
General Manager | ZAMST | Irvine, CA
Zamst (zamst.us): $135M Tokyo-based, premium sports bracing/supports brand with a 22-year heritage and global distribution across 52 countries.
- Recruited to lead the start up and positioning of Zamst brand across multi-channel retailers across North America.
- Executive-level management and oversight of corporate P &L, product, marketing and sales teams.
- Executed multi-tier “go to market” strategy through rebranding, social media execution, in-store activation, digital campaigns, merchandising and product authentication with select NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB teams.
- Negotiated, and executed long-term Sports Marketing sponsorships with some of the worlds most “elite” athetes; Von Miller, Steph Curry, Nolan Arenado, Addison Russell, Isaiah Thomas, Addison Russell.
Vice President/DM | SCHUTT SPORTS (Gathering Storm) | Carlsbad, CA
- Schutt Sports: $82M football and baseball protective equipment manufacturer
- Repositioned Schutt brand marketing strategy, collateral, imagery and merchandising programs; realized a vertical omni-channel message and authentication across new product categories.
- Managed division P/L, forecasting and seasonal metric analysis; directed football product strategy, sourcing and commercialization of 810 SKUs in seven categories in eight months.
- Oversaw NFL on-field football glove qualification and secured impact absorption utility patent.
Vice President, Product Marketing | SKINS/ARENA (Gathering Storm) | Carlsbad, CA
- SKINS: $36M, premium gradient compression apparel brand
- Arena: $120M, performance swimwear brand
- Established strategy and led the division start-up to $6.8M in revenue and multi-channel retail distribution of SKINS gradient compression apparel and ARENA performance swimwear brands.
- Executed brand positioning, marketing strategy and region product line plan; worked with int’l HQ teams.
Vice President, Product Marketing | TAYLORMADE/ADIDAS GOLF (Gathering Storm) | Carlsbad, CA
- TaylorMade/adidas Golf: $1.1B golf equipment manufacturer
- Set vision, product line commercialization execution (golf bags/accessories) and marketing strategy to achieve revenue growth from $12M to $46M over three years.
- Management and oversight of product sourcing, costing structure and forecast projections.
- Realized stand/cart golf bag market share gain of 9.8% to 23.7% over 10 months.
- Directed national brand marketing strategy, accountable for managing social media channel development, PGA Tour events, on-line activation and in-store merchandising.
Sr. Director, Global Apparel/Accessories Division | K-SWISS | Westlake Village, CA
- K-Swiss: Global $450M premium footwear and apparel brand
- Recruited to lead apparel/accessories division repositioning and marketplace development on a global scale.
- Delivered executive-level management and oversight of P&L, product and marketing teams.
- Managed and provided oversight for international category of distributors accounting for $35M in revenue.
Global Division Manager | OAKLEY | Foothill Ranch, CA
- Oakley: Global $550M vertical sunglass, apparel, watch, accessory and footwear brand
- Led start-up, product creation execution, cross functional team and retail release of NCAA licensed product line consisting of laser etched eyewear, apparel, watches and accessories.
- Performed executive management of Oakley Athletic Division strategic business segment development, operations, marketing, merchandising and retail execution.
President/Founder | UTOPIA Inc. | Lake Forest, CA
Better Mens lifestyle clothing manufacturer.
- Founded and built company from start up to profitable $5.4M revenue level, and sold to PE firm.
- Initiated operations as a custom sandal company, designed and later expanded into active wear in the “better men’s” collection segment.
- Developed a national sales presence with representation in major markets across the US, introduced new products seasonally, as well as licensing NCAA universities to produce branded apparel and accessories.
Product Innovation Platform
Global Brand Marketing Leadership
Product/Market Segment Development
Start- up/ Turn Around Leadership
Social Media/Digital (On-Line) Marketing
Marketing Strategies & Public Relations
Sports Marketing Management (NFL/NCAA)
Brand Strategy, Positioning & Implementation
Strategic Vision & Business Development
Media, PR and Brand Communications
Brand Equity Management
Product Licensing Execution (NFL/NCAA)
Product Design & Development
Merchandising & Retail Implementation
P & L, EBITDA Fiscal Budget Management
Bachelor of Science
- Industrial Engineering
- University of North Dakota
Former Nebraska RB
Make A Wish Board