Dynamic, results-driven business development executive
With an instinctive ability to build, lead, and inspire high-performance global teams; create sales organizations; establish and strengthen distribution channels; grow market share and manage retail relations.
Skilled at P&L and EBITDA fiscal budget management. Meticulously organized budget administrator experienced at financial reporting, projections and metric analysis.
Strong operational background
Inventory control, sourcing, purchasing, vendor relations and contract negotiation. Detail-oriented operations manager focused on propelling gross profit generation and skilled at recommending and implementing improved courses of action where necessary
Communication and presentation skills, logical and persuasive negotiation techniques and a consistent ability to establish rapport and strengthen retail relationships.
Consistently able to create corporate initiatives and take action to achieve both short and long-term results in extremely competitive business segments. Extensive multi-brand, business development, product creation, marketing, and sales leadership experience.
Led multi-brand market development of TaylorMade/adidas Golf softgoods/ accessories licensed business from $12M to $52M over four years.
Executed start-up of Zamst brand, achieving $7.5 annual revenue within two years of release.
Led softgoods/accessories product creation for Schutt Sports, K-Swiss, and Oakley start-up of Athletic Division (NFL/NHL/NCAA/MLB) of team, laser etch eyewear and apparel accounting for over $8.2M in revenue.
A forward-thinking innovator with international brand experience encompassing campaign creation and dissemination of traditional and technology-based positioning solutions.
Set vision and executed strategy for positioning Zamst brand across multi-tier sponsorships, social media, and interactive merchandising platforms across end-cap doors for Dicks Sporting Goods, Scheels and SportChek.
Managed and oversaw softgoods/accessories division P&L and forecast accountability for $52M in revenue with TaylorMade/adidas golf licensed business.
President | LIQUIDMIND | Global Brand Strategy Firm
- Global Brand Strategy serving mid to large cap Global Apparel, Footwear, Sporting Goods and Consumer Product brands.
General Manager | ZAMST | Irvine, CA
- Zamst (zamst.us): $135M Tokyo-based, premium sports bracing/supports brand with a 22-year heritage and global distribution across 52 countries.
- Recruited to lead the start up and positioning of Zamst brand across multi-channel retailers across North America.
Vice President/DM - Global On-Field Softgoods/Accessories | SCHUTT SPORTS | Carlsbad, CA
- Schutt Sports: $82M football (NFL, NCAA,High School) and baseball protective equipment manufacturer.
Vice President - Product Marketing | SKINS & ARENA | Carlsbad, CA
- SKINS: $36M, premium gradient compression apparel brand based out of Australia.
- Arena: $120M, performance swimwear brand based out of Italy
Vice President - Product Marketing (Softgoods & Accessories) | TAYLORMADE/ADIDAS GOLF | Carlsbad, CA
- TaylorMade/adidas Golf: $1.1B golf equipment manufacturer.
Sr. Director, Global Apparel/Accessories Division | K-SWISS | Westlake Village, CA
- K-Swiss: Global $450M premium footwear and apparel brand
- Recruited to lead apparel/accessories division repositioning and marketplace development on a global scale.
Global Division Manager - Athletic Division (NFL/NCAA/NHL) | OAKLEY | Foothill Ranch, CA
- Oakley: Global $550M vertical sunglass, apparel, watch, accessory, and footwear brand.
- Led start-up, product creation execution, cross-functional team and retail release of NFL, NCAA licensed product line consisting of laser etched eyewear, apparel, watches, and accessories.
President/Founder | UTOPIA Inc. | Lake Forest, CA
- Better Men’s lifestyle clothing.
- Founded and built a company from start-up to profitable revenue level, and sold to PE firm.
Product Innovation Platform
Global Brand Marketing Leadership
Product/Market Segment Development
Start- up/ Turn Around Leadership
Social Media/Digital (On-Line) Marketing
Marketing Strategies & Public Relations
Sports Marketing Management (NFL/NCAA)
Brand Strategy, Positioning & Implementation
Strategic Vision & Business Development
Media, PR and Brand Communications
Brand Equity Management
Product Licensing Execution (NFL/NCAA)
Product Design & Development
Merchandising & Retail Implementation
P & L, EBITDA Fiscal Budget Management
Bachelor of Science
- Industrial Engineering
- University of North Dakota
Former Nebraska RB
Make A Wish Board
Ministry Leader, Christian Entrepreneur Leadership
Mentor/Advisor: UCLA Anderson- Price Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship