Grew up in North Dakota, graduated from Devils Lake High School, played multiple sports including football, basketball, track and fastpitch softball. Went on to play football at University of Nebraska, and finished my degree at University of North Dakota in Industrial Engineering.
Married to my beautiful wife and high school sweetheart. Blessed with two healthy, active children; Jordan, attending Saddleback College majoring in Business Marketing and Jake, playing football at Cal Poly-SLO majoring in Industrial Technology.
I have a passion for living balanced life and a strong faith…each equally important for thriving and excelling…I love crushing mountain bike trails, exploring and finding ways to grow beyond the “status quo”.
I am a dedicated, innovation driven team leader with a passion for establishing a disruptive vision and executing a market dominating strategy…
Blessed with a beautiful wife who has been by my side since high school, and two healthy, active children. Jake, at Cal Poly SLO majoring in Industrial Technology, along with playing Wide Receiver on the football team, and Jordan who is attending Saddleback majoring in Business-Marketing.
Having grown up in a small town in North Dakota, having seen firsthand the hard work my parents endured to make ends meet, I have always appreciated the value of hard work, a strong faith and being part of a team creating products for the improvement of quality of life for so many.
Over the years, I have seen my children grow up and excel in sports, school and now in life. Very proud for they have achieved, and having been there for them, as this is something that only comes along once and I did not want to miss a minute.
I have been blessed with a great family, an upbringing that instilled critical ethical and moral values that I have carried with me throughout my entire life. I always look forward to what life has to offer, and know all things happen for a reason, but you must play a part in realizing your vision…
Our industry has always been about creating innovative, market driving solutions that enhance performance or provide for a better life beyond sport. It has also been about culture, fit and passion for the brand. When these foundational pillars are removed, the brand starts to crumble. Being part of an industry that bridges talent between product creation, marketing, sales, finance and operations is formula for success, because every function is about building a foundational performance brand. It’s galvanizing when elite athletes wear and endorse our creations, but the real strength is leading the teams that combine their creative forces and technical expertise to make the engine roar.
I am always passionate for defining and leading the next industry revolution…
Extensive executive level experience across globally recognized brands, each number one in their respective markets, along with having founded and successfully sold my own branded apparel company. Whether establishing new product lines, building global marketing strategies, leading design/development teams, I have a passion for building and growing brands.
- Built Zamst from start up to achieving nationwide North American distribution, and 845% revenue growth over a 3 1/2 year period.
- With Gathering Storm, grew TaylorMade/adidas Golf Accessories from $11M to $48M over 3 years.
- K-Swiss, global executive management of $38M in international licensee’s and domestic apparel/accessories division.
- OAKLEY, built and successfully developed “Athletic Division” NCAA licensed team eyewear/apparel product lines achieving $1.4M in initial season.
President - LIQUIDMIND (Product, Marketing & Brand Strategy)
Business consulting firm: apparel, footwear, sporting goods and consumer products.
Provide consulting services to consumer driven brands for; go to market strategy, business development, product creation, marketing execution, PR/media, acquisitions, retail merchandising and sales execution.
General Manager | ZAMST | Irvine, CA
Zamst (zamst.us): $135M Tokyo-based, premium sports bracing/supports brand with a 22-year heritage and global distribution across 52 countries.
- Recruited to lead the start up and positioning of Zamst brand across multi-channel retailers across North America.
- Led the marketplace development of Zamst brand from start up to achieving national, multi-channel distribution with an 844% organic revenue growth rate ($5.1M), and 1,860 doors over a 3 ½ year period.
- Executive-level management and oversight of corporate P &L, product, marketing and sales teams.
- Accelerated the brand to achieve 5.28% category market share within 12 months of full distribution release across sporting goods, run, outdoor, and golf channels. (Dicks, SportChek, Scheels, PGA SS, JackRabbit)
- Executed multi-tier “go to market” strategy through rebranding, social media execution, in-store activation, digital campaigns, merchandising and product authentication with select NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB teams.
- Negotiated, and executed long-term Sports Marketing sponsorships with some of the worlds most “elite” athetes; Von Miller, Steph Curry, Nolan Arenado, Addison Russell, Isaiah Thomas, Addison Russell.
Vice President | GATHERING STORM | Carlsbad, CA
- Gathering Storm: $54M exclusive global licensee of TaylorMade/adidas Golf and Schutt Sports softgoods/accessories, as well as a distributor of SKINS compression apparel and Arena performance swimwear brands.
- Recruited to set the vision, reinvigorate and lead brand strategy development of TaylorMade/adidas Golf softgoods/ accessories product lines and execute business development opportunities.
Vice President/DM | SCHUTT SPORTS (Gathering Storm) | Carlsbad, CA
- Schutt Sports: $82M football and baseball protective equipment manufacturer
- Led division start-up and launch of new product lines (football gloves/apparel/accessories) achieving $1.3M revenue and distribution with 440 teams, 210 retail doors and five int’l distributors in 15 months of launch.
- Repositioned Schutt brand marketing strategy, collateral, imagery and merchandising programs; realized a vertical omni-channel message and authentication across new product categories.
- Managed division P/L, forecasting and seasonal metric analysis; directed football product strategy, sourcing and commercialization of 810 SKUs in seven categories in eight months.
- Oversaw NFL on-field football glove qualification and secured impact absorption utility patent.
Vice President, Product Marketing | SKINS/ARENA (Gathering Storm) | Carlsbad, CA
- SKINS: $36M, premium gradient compression apparel brand
- Arena: $120M, performance swimwear brand
- Established strategy and led the division start-up to $6.8M in revenue and multi-channel retail distribution of SKINS gradient compression apparel and ARENA performance swimwear brands.
- Executed brand positioning, marketing strategy and region product line plan; worked with int’l HQ teams.
Vice President, Product Marketing | TAYLORMADE/ADIDAS GOLF (Gathering Storm) | Carlsbad, CA
- TaylorMade/adidas Golf: $1.1B golf equipment manufacturer
- Set vision, product line commercialization execution (golf bags/accessories) and marketing strategy to achieve revenue growth from $12M to $46M over three years.
- Management and oversight of product sourcing, costing structure and forecast projections.
- Realized stand/cart golf bag market share gain of 9.8% to 23.7% over 10 months.
- Directed national brand marketing strategy, accountable for managing social media channel development, PGA Tour events, on-line activation and in-store merchandising.
Sr. Director, Global Apparel/Accessories Division | K-SWISS | Westlake Village, CA
- K-Swiss: Global $450M premium footwear and apparel brand
- Recruited to lead apparel/accessories division repositioning and marketplace development on a global scale.
- Delivered executive-level management and oversight of P&L, product and marketing teams.
- Established and released lifestyle collection; realized a 32% annualized gain on $3.25M in revenue in initial season.
- Managed and provided oversight for international category of distributors accounting for $35M in revenue.
Global Division Manager | OAKLEY | Foothill Ranch, CA
- Oakley: Global $550M vertical sunglass, apparel, watch, accessory and footwear brand
- Led start-up, product creation execution, cross functional team and retail release of NCAA licensed product line consisting of laser etched eyewear, apparel, watches and accessories.
- Realized revenues of $1.8M across 326 department store, sporting goods and team dealer doors in first six months.
- Performed executive management of Oakley Athletic Division strategic business segment development, operations, marketing, merchandising and retail execution.
President/Founder | DAKOTA SKYE APPAREL | Lake Forest, CA
Better Mens lifestyle clothing manufacturer.
- Founded and built company from start up to profitable $5.4M revenue level, and sold to PE firm.
- Initiated operations as a custom sandal company, designed and later expanded into active wear in the “better men’s” collection segment.
- Developed a national sales presence with representation in major markets across the US, introduced new products seasonally, as well as licensing NCAA universities to produce branded apparel and accessories.
Program Manager | HUGHES AIRCRAFT | Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Multi-billion-dollar defense and commercial avionics company
- Maintained project management oversight of several “key” government and commercial avionics programs.